Do you need to integrate your Salesforce data into other systems? SFDC Integrations can offer your company a reliable, secure data infrastructure to transfer SFDC data into other systems.
Data integration is a key component for any business that wants to get ahead and stay competitive in today's marketplace. That's why so many companies have used ETL tools like SFDC integrations software from Xplenty.
Integrating with SFDC has never been easier than it is now. Seamlessly transfer all the information you need from one system to another without having to worry about complicated coding or programming skills.
Let's explore how these tools can help your company succeed by integrating your Salesforce data into other systems.
Enjoying This Article?
Receive great content weekly with the Xplenty Newsletter!
Table of Contents
- What Is ETL?
- Why Is ETL Important?
- Why Are SFDC Integrations Important?
- Types of ETL Integrations
- What Is the Best SFDC Integration?
- Why Use ETL for Salesforce Data?
- How Xplenty Can Help
What Is ETL?
ETL means "Extract-Transform-Load." It is an information technology that helps transfer data from one system to another. It extracts the required data in a usable format (extract), transforming it into a new form so it's meaningful for the destination system (transform), and loading or uploading the converted data back to the target system (load).
An ETL process can extract data from production databases (such as Azure SQL Database or Redshift). It then transforms the data into a format that is readable by analytical applications such as Excel and SPSS. Next, it loads the transformed data back into the database for long-term storage.
Why is ETL Important?
ETL is an important process because it's a crucial step in the analytics and data warehousing cycle. ETL processes are used to extract, transform, and load data from one system into another for analytical purposes.
ETL processes are typically written in programming languages and SQL queries require knowledge of advanced query functions which can make the process more time-consuming. This is where Xplenty's ETL product comes into play because they help with all the heavy lifting: extract, transform, and load.
Xplenty's ETL product is a GUI-based tool that removes the need for programming skills and SQL queries. It takes significantly less time to complete an extract transform load process.
Why Are SFDC Integrations Important?
Integration with SFDC enables data architecture teams to transfer their insights and workflows from one system to another, for example, between Salesforce Dynamics 365 (SFDC) and Azure SQL databases.
ETL is a process used in data warehouses and BI systems to extract, transform, and load (extract) raw data into the format of your target system. Xplenty's ETL solutions are designed for SFDC integrations that import data from SFDC and transform it into the format of your choice.
Let's take a look at how this works.
The ETL process involves the following steps:
- Extracting data from Salesforce Data Sources for processing by Xplenty’s business objects. Business objects are sets of business logic that automate, monitor and analyze your sales activity or other BI tools you have in your organization.
- Transforming data by applying business rules as Xplenty's business objects. This creates transformed or aggregated records for loading into BI tools or databases. For example, an ETL process might group all sales based on product type and then filter out damaged goods from that total figure. This would result in a single number for the total sales of a specific product type.
- Loading data into Xplenty or other BI tools such as Microsoft Excel, Tableau, and Qlik Sense
This helps users:
- Save time by automating processes, like importing leads from SFDC into your pipeline
- Improve visibility of data across teams and systems
- Develop better reporting on the entire organization's sales process
- Gain full insight into customer interactions through intelligent automation
ETL provides two major benefits. First, it reduces the time spent migrating data from one system to another. Second, it simplifies compliance with regulations that need additional data to be kept.
Types of ETL Integrations
There are two types of integrations:
- Direct integration where you can pull out all your SFDC information without any other work and
- Indirect integration requires a good deal more work.
In a direct integration, you can use SFDC data for ETL (extract-transform-load) to pull all your Salesforce information with no other work. This is the easiest way to get everything from SFDC and into another system. like Tableau or Excel by using SQL queries. A company might want an indirect integration so that they can use the data in other systems, like Tableau or Excel.
For indirect integration, you need to do a lot of ETL work with the SFDC information into another system (Tableau). Use SQL queries and choose needed fields from your SFDC for this request. Indirect integration is more complicated.
Integrate Your Data Today!
Try Xplenty free for 14 days. No credit card required.
What Is the best SFDC integration?
Xplenty is the best SFDC integration for ETL. Xplenty's technology is developed in tandem with leading marketing and sales professionals. It provides powerful data management tools that solve your most difficult business challenges while providing you with what you need. Users can integrate Salesforce replacing the manual, time-consuming tasks of data gathering and cleansing with powerful automation. It also can reveal insights in real-time to help you make better decisions. Being cloud-based, Xplenty ETL technology eliminates additional overhead on internal infrastructure.
Xplenty's ETL technology is best for enterprise system integration: It doesn't need a code or coding background. You can build your own workflows by dragging and dropping steps from a library of pre-built ETL processes.
Why Use ETL for Salesforce Data?
Third-party professional services are often required when there is no SFDC integration software that can handle a complex task.
Xplenty's best-of-breed technology is a comprehensive, automated ETL solution that provides no-code tools to create SFDC integrations and takes the pain out of integrating Salesforce data into enterprise systems by providing a powerful, yet simple end-to-end workflow automation solution which includes:
- Replacing manual tasks with automated steps to ingest and cleanse your data
- Exposing insights in real-time to help you make better decisions
- Sending data from Salesforce to any destination, including other systems and applications
- Automatically meeting your company's data governance requirements
Xplenty provides powerful on-platform transformation tools. This allows users to transform their datasets while adhering to compliance best practices. This means never being surprised when it comes time to report live analytics or show their reports at work.
Users can make intelligent decisions by centralizing their data. Data is pulled from users' other in-house databases, third-party apps, and CRMs. This allows users to connect Tableau with this centralized database or even use more specific BI tools, like Looker (for business intelligence) which is best suited for analytical requirements that are not well covered by standard ad hoc queries on BigQuery or Redshift.
Users can enrich Salesforce with extra data by sending it directly to the app or using the Heroku Postgres database and then syncing from there. For example, you could send in lead sources that come through marketing channels.
Because of this integration process, organizations can:
- Integrate Salesforce with third-party systems and applications
- Transform data from its current format into a standard, meaningful one for the new system
- Build an automated workflow that ingests and cleanses Salesforce data to meet company standards
- Expose insights in real-time to make more informed decisions
How Xplenty Can Help
Enjoying This Article?
Receive great content weekly with the Xplenty Newsletter!
Xplenty's solution makes it easy to build an automated workflow. It ingests data from Salesforce, then cleanses and transforms the data into an appropriate format for users.
Use drag-and-drop steps from a library of pre-built ETL processes to build your workflow, or use one of Xplenty's process templates: no code required.
Users can create a workflow from scratch, or as they go. They can also create workflows for external systems and applications too.
Workflows are designed to run overnight on Xplenty's servers so you never have to worry about time-consuming ETL tasks again.
Improve your business with powerful and easy-to-use integration software: Xplenty's ETL technology is best suited for business system integration.
Learn more about Xplenty's ETL technology for integrating Salesforce data. Get a 14-day demo today.