Raise.me is a start-up website that gives students the opportunity to earn scholarships to college for their achievements throughout high school. The solution expands access to higher education, motivating students to perform well and educating them about the opportunities and schools that they have access to.
Raise.me used Xplenty’s data integration platform to seamlessly transform their data from MongoDB to Redshift without overwhelming the in-house team with queries and troubleshooting problems.
They really have provided an interface to this world of data transformation that works. It’s intuitive, it’s easy to deal with [...] and when it gets a little too confusing for us, [Xplenty’s customer support team] will work for an entire day sometimes on just trying to help us solve our problem, and they never give up until it’s solved.Dave Schuman, CTO and Co-Founder at Raise.me
Before this integration, Raise.me did not have a tool that allowed their non-technical employees to access their data on their own. Instead, any requests for data had to be funneled through the engineering department, often directly through the CTO. This complete reliance on engineering and production resources negatively impacted the company’s time management, efficiency and bottom line.
This problem was most obviously evident during the company’s monthly board meeting preparation, which required a couple of days worth of engineering intervention to help access and assemble the data. With the Xplenty platform, Raise.me was able to easily solve this problem by moving its data from MongoDB into an Amazon Redshift database. The company’s entire team can now analyze their data, keep track of their latest growth numbers and progress, and gain a broader understanding of how their website is performing.
- Transform their JSON data to relational format from MongoDB to Amazon Redshift.
- Discover a solution that’s easy-to-use and cost-effective, reducing time spent on queries and troubleshooting.
- Find a SaaS product that could consolidate and analyze data without depleting engineering resources.
- Xplenty’s data integration interface allowed Raise.me to seamlessly connect their data sources and enable analytics.
- Data is error-free and can be easily transformed and restructured.
- The Raise.me team can use Xplenty to leverage data insights without using engineering resources.
- Raise.me can transform, analyze and organize its data intuitively and effectively.
- The company can utilize Xplenty customer support to resolve their toughest data transformation problems.
- The entire Raise.me team can push or pull data quickly and efficiently.