Allowing Xplenty access to my Amazon Athena instance
To allow Xplenty access to Amazon Athena:
- Create an IAM user in AWS.
- Attach the
AmazonAthenaFullAccess policy to the user.
- Create security credentials for the user and save them for later use when defining the connection in Xplenty.
To define a connection in Xplenty to Amazon Athena:
- Click the Connections icon (lightning bolt) on the top left menu.
- To create a connection, click New connection and choose Amazon Athena.
- Type a name for the connection.
- Select AWS region.
- Type in the S3 staging directory to use with Athena in the form
s3://bucket/path. Note that the bucket should be in the same region you selected above.
- Enter the default database to use. If you leave it empty, the user's default database will be used.
- Fill out the IAM access key and secret.
- Click Test connection. If the credentials are correct, a message that the connection test was successful appears.
- Click Create connection.