In Redshift console
1. Start by navigating to the Redshift console --> Clusters screen and clicking on the Properties tab:
2. Scroll down to the Network and Security section. Make sure that the cluster is set with the value for Publicly Accessible to Yes. Then, click on the VPC Security Group to verify and/or modify the security rules:
3. In the Security Group screen, select the Inbound tab:
To verify or modify the security rules of an instance on EC2-Classic (without VPC):
- In the Connection Type dropbox, choose CIDR/IP.
- In the CIDR/IP to Authorize field, enter the IP addresses from this list.
Create a Redshift user
- Create a Redshift user.
- Grant it the following permissions:
- If you intend to only append data into a table, give the user minimal permissions required to execute the COPY command.
- If you intend to merge data into a table, give the user minimal permissions required to execute the COPY command, create a table, and insert and update to your target tables.
- Note that truncate requires Xplenty to either be the owner of the target table or have supseruser access .
To define a connection in Xplenty to Amazon Redshift
- Click Connections (the lightning bolt) on the left side of the dashboard.
- Click New connection.
- Select Amazon Redshift from the Analytical Database category.
- Type a name for the connection.
- If you allow direct access from Xplenty's IP addresses, enter the hostname and port. If direct access is not allowed, read more about setting a tunnel connection here.
- Enter the user name and password you created for Xplenty to use.
- Enter the default database to use. If you leave it empty, the user's default database will be used.
- Set the region to the AWS region in which the Redshift cluster was created. If the region requires AWS Signature v4 (see list here) you may need our support team's help with allowing Xplenty access to read from this Amazon Redshift connection.
- Click Test connection. If the credentials are correct, a message that the cloud storage connection test was successful appears.
- Click Create connection and the connection is created and appears in the list of connections.